Notes from a Stressed Out Teacher
|Jan. 17th, 2011 08:44 pm Happy New Year!|
So, I only post here when I'm depressed, so it's probably a good sign that I haven't posted in a while. I also post here when I'm upset about something and can't post it on FB. Judging from things, neither have any of you! Anyway, I'm bored waiting for my husband's netbook, which he rarely uses (but will use more often now that he's back in class this semester), to update all the various things it needs to update (virus, Adobe, Java, Windows).
I have had a productive day. I went to the dentist and th ENT. I took the kitties to the vet for their rabies shot. That reminds me that I need to re-license them. I've opened the page. I unpacked this box of books my mom sent me. I put books away on bookshelves. I folded laundry. I cleaned the laundry room really well. I addressed a Christmas card. I sent out a bell choir e-mail. I read some magazines that I've been meaning to read (although I somewhat regret reading the Athleta one... there are so many cute clothes in there!). I did some general tidying of the upstairs hallway. I vacuumed. Nick cleaned the bathrooms and I cleaned the mirrors. I used my pet hair removal tool on the couch. The only thing I didn't do was exercise. I need to be better about it. I haven't done much since we got all this snow last week because it was super cold. If I don't have a voice lesson after school, I think I'm going to go to the gym. I think I'm also going to start going to the gym before church on Wednesday. Then, if I do something on Thursday, that would be good too. I'll try to alternate between running and doing the Jillian Michael's workout. If I wake up early tomorrow, I might just do JM anyway.
Well, I think the computer has finished installing all the updates, so I'm going to get off this thing and go do some dishes!
Ciao for now!
Current Location: Home1 comment - Leave a comment
Current Mood: busy
Current Music: St. Olaf Choir
|Apr. 9th, 2010 07:13 am Hey!|
I was hoping to read some stuff about my friends, but I guess they've all shifted to their own outside blogs. I have something to talk about, but now I'm running late, so I don't have time to do it now. All I will say is TGIF, and I hope I get through my first period this morning (my last is also sucky).
Have a great one!
Current Mood: tired1 comment - Leave a comment
|Mar. 8th, 2009 05:01 pm|
I'm still alive! I was sick this week, but I'm on the mend. There are only about 45 days of school left!
Current Location: the computerLeave a comment
Current Music: MarioKart Soundtrack
|Jan. 20th, 2009 09:53 pm Change, but only to be cliched.|
I've been reminded, yet again, about how I only write here when I'm depressed. So, I thought I would start 2009 out right by writing a list of my blessings.
1. I'm thankful that I have a loving husband, family, and friends.
2. I am so happy that my husband is finally student teaching because it means that he does not have to drive down to Lincoln (45 mins each way) every day and is not eating out as much (as he has to bring his own lunch).
3. I am happy that I have my church job that is full of wonderful people who love music and love to worship God. I am continually amazed by how much we can do together. I'm learning to like the "Praise Team" aspect of my job.
4. I am grateful that I travel to two other schools because I am reminded that perhaps I don't suck as a teacher after all.
5. I enjoy being reminded of my students' accomplishments (past and present).
6. While I'm a bit peeved by things breaking in my apartment (the toilet), I appreciate how much roomier and nice this current apartment is than our last one. Oh, it is SO nice to have 2 bathrooms and a dishwasher.
7. I'm grateful that I have such loving in-laws. They made the Christmas holiday really nice (I didn't cry once!) since it was my first Christmas away from my family.
8. I'm grateful for Nana. She is, as my husband says, "bat shit crazy," but I love her tremendously, and she is about to celebrate her 95th birthday.
9. I'm grateful that we have a little bit more money this year so I can shop every so often and afford a membership to a gym that I really like. Yay exercise!
10. While my job can be stressful during the year, I really enjoy having my summers to travel and visit friends and family.
11. I appreciate the fact that I have a new car that runs smoothly (despite the dent in the front bumper from the raccoon that we ran over in Lincoln this weekend).
OK, so that's not an all-encompassing list, but it's a start.
Happy 2009 Everyone!
Current Location: my computerLeave a comment
Current Mood: contemplative
Current Music: None!
|Nov. 8th, 2008 12:25 am Hey!|
I just want to say that I hate the fact that I only want to write in this thing when I'm feeling depressed. I don't really feel like going into the details. I'm just going to say this: I have gotten much more introverted as I've gotten older and hanging out with a bunch of people who all went to college together and you did not SUCKS ASS! Especially when it's your second weekend doing so.6 comments - Leave a comment
There. That's all I need to say. Have a good weekend everyone.
|Jul. 27th, 2008 10:29 pm|
Go to musicoutfitters.com.4 comments - Leave a comment
- Enter the year you graduated from high school in the search function and get the list of 100 most popular songs of that year.
- Bold the songs you like, strike through the ones you hate and underline your favorites. Do nothing to the ones you don't remember/care about.
I'm sorry, I still can't figure out how to do tags.
1. Too Close, Next
2. The Boy Is Mine, Brandy and Monica
3. You're Still The One, Shania Twain
4. Truly Madly Deeply, Savage Garden
5. How Do I Live, LeAnn Rimes (I'm not sure if I know it)
6. Together Again, Janet
7. All My Life, K-Ci and JoJo
8. Candle In The Wind 1997, Elton John
9. Nice and Slow, Usher
10. I Don't Want To Wait, Paula Cole
11. How's It Going To Be, Third Eye Blind
12. No, No, No, Destiny's Child
13. My Heart Will Go On, Celine Dion (I liked it at the begiinning)
14. Gettin' Jiggy Wit, Will Smith (na na na na na na na)
15. You Make Me Wanna..., Usher
16. My Way, Usher
17. My All, Mariah Carey
18. The First Night, Monica
19. Been Around The World, Puff Daddy and The Family
20. Adia, Sarah McLachlan Love it!
21. Crush, Jennifer Paige
22. Everybody (Backstreet's Back), Backstreet Boys (I'm indifferent)
23. I Don't Want To Miss A Thing, Aerosmith
24. Body Bumpin Yippie-Yi-Yo, Public Announcement
25. This Kiss, Faith Hill Love it!
26. I Don't Ever Want To See You Again, Uncle Sam
27. Let's Ride, Montell Jordan
28. Sex And Candy, Marcy Playground maybe
29. Show Me Love, Robyn
30. A Song For Mama, Boyz II Men
31. What You Want, Mase
32. Frozen, Madonna
33. Gone Till November, Wyclef Jean
34. My Body, Lsg
35. Tubthumping, Chumbawamba
36. Deja Vu (Uptown Baby), Lord Tariq and Peter Gunz
37. I Want You Back, 'N Sync
38. When The Lights Go Out, Five
39. They Don't Know, Jon B.
40. Make Em' Say Uhh!, Master P
41. Make It Hot, Nicole Featuring Missy "Misdemeanor" Elliott and Mocha
42. Never Eve, All Saints
43. I Get Lonely, Janet
44. Feel So Good, Mase
45. Say It, Voices Of Theory
46. Kiss The Rain, Billie Myers
47. Come With Me, Puff Daddy
48. Romeo And Juliet, Sylk-E Fyne
49. It's All About Me, Mya and Sisqo
50. I Will Come To You, Hanson
51. One Week, Barenaked Ladies Love it!!!!!!!!!
52. Swing My Way, K.P. and Envyi
53. The Arms Of The One Who Loves You, Xscape
54. My Love Is The Shhh!, Somethin' For The People
55. Daydreamin', Tatyana Ali
56. We're Not Making Love No More, Dru Hill
57. Semi-Charmed Life, Third Eye Blind
58. I Do, Lisa Loeb
59. Lookin' At Me, Mase
60. Looking Through Your Eyes, LeAnn Rimes
61. Lately, Divine
62. Quit Playing Games (With My Heart), Backstreet Boys
63. I Still Love You, Next
64. Time After Time, Inoj
65. Are You Jimmy Ray?, Jimmy Ray
66. Cruel Summer, Ace Of Base
67. I Got The Hook Up!, Master P
68. Victory, Puff Daddy and The Family
69. Too Much, Spice Girls
70. Ghetto Supastar (That Is What You Are), Pras Feat. Ol' Dirty Bastard and Mya
71. How Deep Is Your Love, Dru Hill Featuring Redman
72. Friend Of Mine, Kelly Price
73. Turn It Up [Remix]/Fire It Up, Busta Rhymes
74. I'll Be, Edwin McCain
75. Ray Of Light, Madonna
76. All For You, Sister Hazel
77. Touch It, Monifah
78. Money, Power and Respect, Lox
79. Bitter Sweet Symphony, The Verve80. Dangerous, Busta Rhymes 81. Spice Up Your Life, Spice Girls82. Because Of You, 98 Degrees
83. The Mummers' Dance, Loreena McKennitt
84. All Cried Out, Allure Featuring 112
85. Still Not A Player, Big Punisher Featuring Joe
86. The One I Gave My Heart To, Aaliyah
87. Foolish Games/You Were Meant For Me, Jewel
88. Love You Down, Inoj
89. Do For Love, 2Pac
90. Raise The Roof, Luke
91. Heaven, Nu Flavor
92. The Party Continues, Jd
93. Sock It 2 Me, Missy "Misdemeanor" Elliott Featuring Da Brat
94. Butta Love, Next
95. A Rose Is Still A Rose, Aretha Franklin
96. 4 Seasons Of Loneliness, Boyz II Men
97. Father, LL Cool J
98. Thinkin' Bout It, Gerald Levert
99. Nobody's Supposed To Be Here, Deborah Cox
100. Westside, TQ
|Jun. 10th, 2008 10:56 am Life|
Hello everyone! It's been a while since I've written since I only really write when I'm depressed. So, here's Amy's latest news. Oh, I've been hanging out with a two year old a lot lately, so I've gotten used to speaking in the third person.
School is out for the summer! School is out forever! Well, no not really, but I survived my worst year of teaching perhaps excepting my first year. We're losing our beloved vice principal, but the new principal we're getting comes with lots of good news. Apparently HR basically "forced" her to apply. Anyway, our VEEP was applying too but heaven forbid that a white man take the helm of a mostly (90+%) black school. Word on the street is that the principal sent her "posse" to HR to say that they didn't want a white male principal at our school. It's too bad because he is great with the kids, especially the boys (who often don't have a male figure at home). We also have a fair number of turn around teacher's: all the fourth grade teachers are leaving (one is moving to third grade) and two third grade teachers are switching positions within the school because the third grade class is so horrible. Also, one of my closest friends is leaving to go to a Montessori school. I'm very happy for her, but sad to lose a good friend. We are also losing a lot of paraprofessionals including another friend who is a full-time student at Creighton. They are probably my two closest friends at school, aside from the librarians and the art teacher. The librarians are school-only friends (they're older ladies with grandchildren) and the art teacher is only part time at my school, but we still hang out. Anyway, I'm just happy to be away.
I've been quite busy since school let out. Nick's cousin, Katie, got married May 31st in the shortest wedding ceremony EVER. It was 15 minutes. Anyway, so we got to see a ton of family all week and weekend. His parents were there for a week, so we saw a lot of them as well as Elace and Bob, one of my favorite sets of his aunts and uncles. His sister and her boyfriend stayed with us for the long weekend which was fun. They are really cool people. I also put my DARE education to good use that weekend. That's all I'm going to say about that. Anyway, we went to the zoo last Monday which was awesome. The Omaha zoo is really stellar. Nick and I are thinking of getting a family membership there. His parents left on Wednesday, so things have quieted down.
I saw the new Sex and the City movie. Loved it! My sister's friend said that she didn't like the theme of "forgive the men," but I thought it was really about how different relationships are and that's ok. I also won tickets to a minor minor amusement park's party (hosted by this radio station) for this Saturday. It should be a lot of fun.
Nick is almost done with his class that he has to drive down to Lincoln for. Hallelujah! I've been using a lot less gas since I don't have to drive to work everyday.
So, back in December I signed up for Beauticontrol. I don't know if you know about it, but it's these spa and make up products. I've been doing pretty well breaking even and stuff, but I just ordered a bunch of stuff last month, and I'm feeling slightly bad about it. You generally sell things through parties, and I just haven't been up to calling people and asking them to have a party or come to a party. I don't know what my problem is. I think I'm going to be done with it when I get rid of the rest of my stuff (only order enough things for me), but I still have to get rid of it. I absolutely love the products, but I don't love selling them. If you're curious, check out www.beauticontrol.com/apignatore I think it still works. Anyway, I want to have a party this weekend, but I just feel so shy about calling people and asking them to come over. I mean, I think the parties are fun, and it's a great way to relax and socialize (and basically free!).... but....
Our summer plans are absolutely insane. Next week I'm teaching a one week class that meets in the mornings ($$!) and then Nick and I are off to the east! We're driving to NH (Adrienne, we might be driving through Albany and perhaps should stop by, I'll let you know) on Saturday/Sunday. On Thursday, we're going to the 1000 Islands with my parents, sister, and her fiance. It should be fun. We're coming back on the 3rd of July, spending the fourth in Leb, and heading to NJ on the 5th, stopping in Newington at our favorite pizza joint. We'll be in the NJ area until about the 10th or 11th when we drive down to Maryland because Nick's family has property there. Then we'll keep heading south to Richmond, VA to visit our god daughter before heading back to Omaha to help my friend Emily move. At some point in the next week and a half, we're going to take a driving trip around Nebraska. On the 31st of July, we head to Michigan for Mary's wedding. It should be fun even though only 2 cousins are coming. It will be quite different from my wedding.
Nick and I are currently looking at houses. We keep waffling about whether to buy now or next year. I pulled up a bunch of open houses, and we started driving by them. Nick kept saying no to every single one. When we pulled up to the last one (#6), I said, "we're getting out and looking at this one no matter what." Guess what! He actually liked it a lot. It's a little smaller sq ft wise, but it has nice landscaping and a finished basement. The biggest turn off for me is that it has a small closet in the MBR. Other than that, it's great. I could list all those things for you, but I've already bored you enough for one day.
Oh, by the way, we did not get hit by the EF2 tornado that rolled through town Sunday morning. No damage was done to anything in the area. But, man, have we had a lot of rain in the last 2 weeks! We live on the second floor, but the entry way carpet keeps flooding, after every storm, so that's been quite annoying.
Anyway, it was great reading up on your news! Take care everyone!
Current Mood: contentLeave a comment
|Apr. 21st, 2008 11:05 pm Writer's Block: Almost Famous|
What do you want to be famous for?
Making a difference in my students' lives either to love music or to become better people. I don't feel that I'm doing that right now. Basically, I'm just being mad all the time. Oh, well. I'm trying my best. 4 weeks and 3 days (not including the personal day I'm going to take in the next two weeks).
Current Location: homeLeave a comment
Current Mood: tired
|Apr. 20th, 2008 09:43 pm I'm alive!|
Hi everyone! I'm alive, and I have a picture. Isn't it great? I made it from simpsonsmovie.com. It looks just like me :)
Life is ok. We had a three day work week last week because we had field day on Wednesday and a work day on Friday. These next two weeks are going to be brutal because they're full five day weeks. However, next Monday is our concert, and I don't have to teach my morning classes. Yay!
I had a fun weekend; nothing too exciting, but Nick put in his two weeks for his job. He's just really stressed out with the end of the semester, the summer classes he's taking, and all our travel plans. So, the next few months should be interesting money wise. It shouldn't be too bad. Our economic stimulus check is going to go to savings, probably half for travel and half for Nick's school in the fall.
We know our principal for next year. I hope she's good. We'll see how many people come back next year.
Current Mood: mellowLeave a comment
|Apr. 2nd, 2008 10:50 pm I have a userpic!|
Well, everyone, after having a lj for at least 3 if not more years, I finally uploaded a picture of myself. This is what I would look like if I were a Simpsons character. If you're jealous and want to make your own, I believe it is www.simpsonsmovie.com. I don't know how to make that a live link. I'm not very good with the technical stuff of lj.
Current Location: where else?Leave a comment
Back a Page